At American Waste, we do accept all of the traditional materials for recycling with two types of service. Drop-off and Curbside. Curbside service is only available in select areas of service. A list of recycle drop-off location can be found HERE.
Preparing the Recyclables
Rinse all containers and triple rinse agricultural containers. Materials should have all food product removed. Caps and labels do not need to be removed.
Do not leave large bulky items or any items outside of recycle location containers.
- Car Seats – Strip of all fabric, rubber and metal attachments
- Cartons – Milk, Juice, Soy, Drink boxes
- Paper - newspaper, office paper, magazines, phone books, brown paper bags
- Glass bottles and containers - all colors
- Metal – Cans, Foil, Trays, EMPTY Aerosol Cans
- Plastic - type #1 through #7, and unmarked plastics
- Plastic grocery bags, bread bags, shrink wrap
- Mirror glass, tv/monitor glass, window glass, light bulbs
- Hazardous Waste & Solvents
- Oil-based paints
- Latex paint
- Fluorescent bulbs, tubes & CFLs
- Automotive fluids
- Foamed Products, (packing peanuts, molded styrofoam, foam wrap)
- SHARPS Disposables
- Household or rechargeable batteries
- Prescription medications