At American Waste, we do accept all of the traditional materials for recycling with two types of service. Drop-off and Curbside. Curbside service is only available in select areas of service. A list of recylce drop-off location can be found HERE.
Preparing the Recyclables
Rinse all containers and triple rinse agricultural containers. Materials should have all food product removed. Caps and labels do not need to be removed.
Do not leave large bulky items or any items outside of recycle location containers.
- Car Seats – Strip of all fabric, rubber and metal attachments
- Cartons – Milk, Juice, Soy, Drink boxes
- Paper - newspaper, office paper, magazines, phone books
- Glass bottles and containers - all colors
- Metal – Cans, Foil, Trays, EMPTY Aerosol Cans
- Plastic - type #1 through #7, and unmarked
- Plastic Bags & Film – Grocery bags, Bread bags, Dry Cleaning Bags, Visqueen
- and more.
- Mirror Glass
- TV/Monitor Glass
- Window Glass
- Light Bulbs – Fluorescent, Tubes & CFLs
- Foam Products – packing peanuts, molded Styrofoam, foam wrap
- Fluids – paint, stain, automotive fluids
- Shrink Wrap
- SHARPS and Medical Waste
Please referance our Waste Acceptance Guidelines for more information.
Other Recycling Resources
Grand Traverse County Resource Recovery (RecycleSmart) is a great resource to find out how and where to dispose of materials and items that cannot go into your curbside bin.
The mission of the Grand Traverse County Resource Recovery Department (RecycleSmart) is to protect the public health and environment of our community by efficiently managing waste materials with a focus on resource conservation.
If you're unsure about an item, please LIVE CHAT
or call (231) 943-8088